9.23.2010

My Math Videos for JCHS

I made several math videos for school-wide use at Junction City High School, a diverse 6A Kansas high school of roughly 1700 students. JCHS is well known in the area both for the district's investments in technologies and teachers' uses of technologies. I taught there for two years and was fortunate to come into a nice situation where equipment and software were available to me and there was a need for someone to make some videos. I got a lot of support from my principal and fellow teachers so I did it.

Of course I couldn't have done it without the groundwork already laid down by the School Improvement Team chairperson. Before I arrived she had put together numerous SmartBoard Notebook files complete with standards-based questions. I simply tweaked these to make my videos. Really, I got the fun part.

Teachers across the building showed these videos and then I'd try and throw them up on YouTube, mainly for my own pleasure. Here they are in chronological order:

Symmetric Property of Equality (2008)


Parallel and Perpendicular Lines (2008)


Measures of Central Tendency and Stem-and-Leaf Plots (2009)


Slope-Intercept Form (2009)


Scatter Plots (2009)


Zero Product Property (2009)


Probability and Odds with Shaq (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment